Monday, May 2, 2011

hey you! why aren't you working out?

For all those ZUMBA! lovers who read this blog, have you been working out?

 I know I haven't! HA!

Seriously, my poor body and mind have been craving a good sweaty workout. What about yours? I know a lot of you have confessed to being couch potatoes since classes took a break. But the weather is great! Grab a friend and get going!

The most important thing with fitness is to look back over your history. What has worked for you? what hasn't? Was it personal DVD's at home? Group fitness class? A motivational workout partner? Early mornings or Late evenings? A lunch workout walk?

Find one time that you have been succesful and recreate the circumstances. I don't know about you but I have more than a dozen workout DVD's that are dusty. I just have never been succesful at working out at home! But I LOVE group classes (hence, the ZUMBA!).  Don't get sucked into  buying another DVD if it has never worked for you. 

Did you love sports in high school? Find a friend to go play tennis with, pick up a game of basketball or run at the track. The possibilities are endless, and your heart is dying to get a workout!

There are the new pilates classes (thinking about making a very pregnant appearance there) at the Dance Studio at the Old Overton Gym taught by my sister-in-law, on Mondays 9:30-10:30am and Wednesday nights 8-9pm. So head on over and get your butt in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment